Now is the time to fly with ultra-low-cost carrier Avelo Airlines. The airline is offering 50% off all its September flights, no matter the destination, as long as you enter a promo code when booking. Avelo flies to many small and underserved airports across the U.S.
Routes: Anywhere on Avelo’s route map
How to book: Book directly on Avelo’s website and enter the promo code SEPT50
Travel dates: Sept. 1 through Sept. 30
Book by: Aug. 8 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
Find Avelo’s route map below.
For the purposes of this article, I searched for flights from Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) to Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN). The airline doesn’t offer daily service, so there’s only a handful of dates to choose from in September.
I entered the promo code when booking, and the round-trip cost successfully decreased from $270 to $154.
Since this is a budget carrier, expect to pay for any extras, such as seat selection or a carry-on bag. This promo code is not valid on previously booked itineraries.
Maximize your purchase
You can score Avelo perks by signing up for the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (see rates and fees). Book an Avelo flight in the first year of card membership, and you’ll get a $200 airline credit and priority boarding for a year.
Other credit cards that earn bonus points on airfare purchases include:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or on amextravel.com
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare
If you want to travel in September, book an Avelo flight by Tuesday to make the airline’s already low ticket prices even lower. Use the promo code SEPT50 when booking.
- I flew a budget carrier for the 1st time. Here’s what it was like
- Avelo expands to Puerto Rico, adding 1st destination outside the continental US
- Avelo CEO dishes on new Las Vegas base, hints at international expansion
- Why I (sometimes) choose to fly a budget airline over a full-service carrier
- Try it, you might like it: I flew on Avelo and here’s what it was like