The Maldives is a bucket list destination for many, but it’s also pricey. This premium economy deal to Male for this fall is an opportunity to save money if the Maldives is on your list.
These premium economy flights cost less than $1,300 — 50% of the normal price for this route, which can exceed $2,600,
Airlines: American Airlines and Qatar Airways.
Routes: From Boston, Washington, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Miami and Chicago.
How to book: Browse Google Flights and book directly with the airline.
Travel dates: September-November 2023 and January 2024.
Book by: One to two days.
This deal was originally sent out by Going, formerly known as Scott’s Cheap Flights. Sign up for Going to get deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days and then $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
The following flights were priced as listed at the time of publication to Velana International Airport (MLE). We cannot guarantee the below round-trip flights will be available when you book:
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), starting at $1,248.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), starting at $1,286.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), starting at $1,293.
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD), starting at $1,296.
- Miami International Airport (MIA), starting at $1,469.
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), starting at $1,503.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), starting at $1,744.
Note that each round-trip flight will include at least one layover each way at Hamad International Airport (DOH). To search for this deal, browse your desired flight route on Google Flights before booking directly with the airline.
For example, you can book a round-trip flight from JFK to MLE in late September for $1,286, flying American Airlines’ premium economy. This cabin includes three pieces of luggage (one carry-on item and two checked bags), extra legroom, free seat selection and a priority boarding group, among other perks. This route includes a layover of eight hours on the way to Male and 3 1/2 hours on the return.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel.
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year.
- Citi Premier® Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare.
This deal is likely the result of increased American Airlines service to Doha, connecting Oneworld passengers to the Qatar Airways network. As a result, some of these flights may be in mixed economy and premium economy cabins, though Qatar’s economy class is one of the best out there.